Choose an Option from the Options below!

Option 1
18%83 Votes
Option 2
6%27 Votes
Option 3
75%338 Votes
Total Votes :: 448 Votes

skeptika

Aeria: Product Manager
skeptika
PostedJan 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Feedback on Double Rec Runes under New Combo System

Feedback & Poll!
All,

Among other things, in ChoiRock's upcoming Combo system, one of the areas of concern is the double max rec runes (meaning they allow for the possibility of doubling stats). There are a couple of ways we can work with this, so we thought we'd throw up the options and have you guys vote. No promises, but we'll do our best to minimize the negative impact while giving some of the positive impacts the new system has to offer. Here are your choices!

Option 1

People who use the double max rec runes can only have a single non-stacking OJ applied.

Example in Current System: 3x stackable Max OJ + 4th natural max OJ
- Strength 10
- Wisdom 10
- Luck 10
- HP + 200 (this is an example of what would be possible in current system)

Example in New System: Double Max OJ Example (using new system)
- Strength 20
- Wisdom 10

Notice that they are relatively even in power, and the top one maintains value even under the new system. This option offers a cheaper alternative to those who do not use tiered events.

Option 2

People who use the double max rec runes can have NO Max OJs applied.

Same as above but no Max OJ on the double max option.

Option 3

We don't sell the consumable, which prevents anyone from achieving a double Max OJ. No example needed hopefully, nothing changes.

Option 1 allows currently Max OJ users to maintain their value, while allowing an alternative, almost as powerful equivalent.

Option 2 allows current Max OJ users to maintain most of their value, and allows for a cheaper but less powerful equivalent.

Option 3 is the status quo.
Advertisement

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedJan 20, 2012 8:32 pm
I like the current system, at least it works and you can't say that about a lot of Choi Rocks new stuff.

CHOAM

Rank 5
CHOAM
PostedJan 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Feedback on Double Rec Runes under New Combo System

Feedback & Poll!
skeptika wrote:
Option 3

We don't sell the consumable, which prevents anyone from achieving a double Max OJ. No example needed hopefully, nothing changes.

I would like some sort of commitment to how long the status quo would last if it ends up winning. It's hard to predict exactly how much the game would change, so I am not expecting a "always/never" statement, but perhaps a "for at least X months".

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 20, 2012 8:56 pm
It's not the way max OJ's are applied that bothers us. it's the fact our gear is already OJ'd

For example, my Mufflers have

3800 hp
40 str
40 dex
39 Luc.

That's completely legit, and with 2 Max OJ's.

But, unless I go out and somehow buy another set of Fatal Mufflers, using one of these Combination Rec Runes will result possibly in the following:

0 HP
76 Str
22 Luc
36 Wis

The Max OJ's that we already have in are not "locked in." Meaning, for us to take advantage or be competitive with players who build their gear after us, we have to either scrap our already done Max OJ's, or get new gear (fat chance with rotco leggings, walkers, and tops).

We want a guarantee that the Max OJ's will be ensured.

Maybe offer a Combo Rune promo in a tier that will allow us to max OJ double one stat. For example, my mufflers,

Once done, would be 3800 hp 80 Str 40 Dex 39 Luc.

It's an easy adjustment, and it protects player interests.

Otherwise, I have no problems with the combination system. As I said, it'd have been fine if implemented at the beginning of the game. The reason it's not fine, is because it's being implemented halfway through an expansion, where you have the dilemna of preserving player AP value, and ALOT OF IT. [If I had everything Max OJ'd, I would use 2 per armor (5-6 pieces), or 10-12 OJ's, 4 Accessories X1 OJ (Assuming already one good stat), 2 per wep (8 OJ's in most cases), and one on the cape. That's 25 Max OJ's, or around 325 OP, worth of work, on top of rec rune costs, or 381, 550 AP - Lost to competitiveness.

More stats is okay. We do need to kill quicker.

In other words, I dont think any of your three options are what we are wanting.

CHOAM

Rank 5
CHOAM
PostedJan 20, 2012 9:01 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
It's not the way max OJ's are applied that bothers us. it's the fact our gear is already OJ'd

3800 hp
40 str
40 dex
39 Luc.

But, unless I go out and somehow buy another set of Fatal Mufflers, using one of these Combination Rec Runes will result possibly in the following:

0 HP
76 Str
22 Luc
36 Wis

The Max OJ's that we already have in are not "locked in." Meaning, for us to take advantage or be competitive with players who build their gear after us, we have to either scrap our already done Max OJ's, or get new gear (fat chance with rotco leggings, walkers, and tops).

Maybe offer a Combo Rune promo in a tier that will allow us to max OJ double one stat. For example, my mufflers,

Otherwise, I have no problems with the combination system. As I said, it'd have been fine if implemented at the beginning of the game. The reason it's not fine, is because it's being implemented halfway through an expansion, where you have the dilemna of preserving player AP value, and ALOT OF IT. [If I had everything Max OJ'd, I would use 2 per armor (5-6 pieces), or 10-12 OJ's, 4 Accessories X1 OJ (Assuming already one good stat), 2 per wep (8 OJ's in most cases), and one on the cape. That's 25 Max OJ's, or around 325 OP, worth of work, on top of rec rune costs, or 381, 550 AP - Lost to competitiveness.

It seems to me that this is no different from new releases making old gear obsolete, and requiring reinvest/rebuild to compete. To me, this is no different from widely releasing worship in 1-15, or dreads in 20-30. So I do not agree why OJ should get the special treatment of having insurance that it's value is maintained.

spaznick

Aeria: Product Manager
spaznick
PostedJan 20, 2012 9:05 pm
CHOAM wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

3800 hp
40 str
40 dex
39 Luc.

0 HP
76 Str
22 Luc
36 Wis

It seems to me that this is no different from new releases making old gear obsolete, and requiring reinvest/rebuild to compete. To me, this is no different from widely releasing worship in 1-15, or dreads in 20-30. So I do not agree why OJ should get the special treatment of having insurance that it's value is maintained.  

How is old gear devalued? If you had 3 max ojs and a new person has 1 double max in almost all cases aren't you still superior with your 3 max ojs? Just curious

<br><br> My name is Jaylen...... and I am a SUPER SAIYIN! -Jaylen a REAL Super Saiyan

101Alpha

Rank 4
101Alpha
PostedJan 20, 2012 9:22 pm
Description of Option 1 by Skep just confused me.

What Rekiyo is saying is

my current 70 gear using max OJs is (max is 40 for stat)
4K HP
39 STR
35 DEX
40 LUC

~~~~~~~~~
Skep who just got a new drop uses the new rerolling system. Using Max OJ system in place is
4k HP
80 Str
40 dex
28 Luck

Clearly the 2nd gear is better hence mine would lose value compared to Skep. If i have to compete with that or even make mine close to it in value i would have to re-roll using the new system + buy mmax OJs again.

To be honest i have no issue with how the new rerolling system comes out. Its just like any other update something new comes out what you have loses value.

Marsuaves_Black

Rank 4
Marsuaves_Black
PostedJan 20, 2012 9:23 pm
I'd rather not have to deal with another thing that's going to , quite obviously, cost alot more in AP. Personally I like the current system in play but we'll see what happens.

101Alpha

Rank 4
101Alpha
PostedJan 20, 2012 9:24 pm
Just a second thought the new system will just add more value to Second Letter A = tiered maintain value and not drop in price atleast until most catch up.

Elee.

Rank 1
Elee.
PostedJan 20, 2012 9:26 pm
Commonsense tells me it would make more sense to release this new Rec Rune system when new end-game gear is released. Also, Maybe has a restriction of 31+ on it so lower pvp zones don't get messed up more than they already are?

<a></a><br></br>RETIRED <3