JSFAST

Rank 0
JSFAST
PostedDec 21, 2011 2:30 pm
In order to get Performance parts do TH, first 18 days give 9 parts there for sure.
Then you should have a look at Dragoniac´s list, it shows you where to hunt/farm parts.

Last patch was pretty cool, aftermarket stuff from the lucky draw is a great addition. Apart from that some more Boost cars became available for IGC (RS4 and the pretty powerful Chevelle).

Advertisement

FighterRx

Rank 0
PostedDec 21, 2011 3:17 pm
JSFAST wrote:
In order to get Performance parts do TH, first 18 days give 9 parts there for sure.
Then you should have a look at Dragoniac´s list, it shows you where to hunt/farm parts.

Not the first time playing and know where to get em. Problem is, it is still too low, careless whether you farm or not. It should be balanced out with powerups and other parts, but it isn't.

Last patch was pretty cool, aftermarket stuff from the lucky draw is a great addition. Apart from that some more Boost cars became available for IGC (RS4 and the pretty powerful Chevelle).  

Never seen them release two cars for IGC at once.

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
PostedDec 21, 2011 5:38 pm
Lots of hacking, exploiting, and subsequent QQ.

Seriously. It happens in every racing game out there >.>

FighterRx

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2011 6:36 pm
Seriously? Every racing game? Give me one example

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
PostedDec 22, 2011 7:09 pm
FighterRx wrote:

Give me one that there's never been any hacks/cheats/exploits for? Not any one that you, personally, have never done so with. I'm talking in general.

Can't find any? Didn't think so. Razz

But, to satisfy you, I'll answer with the last racing game Aeria hosted: Project Torque

HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2011 7:42 pm
Although I agree it is the nature of online games to have hackers/cheaters, I think we can all agree that this one has a higher than average amount. It is pretty bad when the hackers can update their programs within a few hours of a client update.

Sadly, there appears to be some fundamental flaws in this game's design that makes it easier for hackers to manipulate and the terrible sync/lag many players have makes it *appear* that others are cheating which leads to many, many false reports to sift through.

To many of us, it is obvious that security was NOT the number one priority, or even top 5, to begin with which has lead to the current situation. So now they are trying to fight an up hill battle that is/has becoming a mountain. Razz

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
PostedDec 22, 2011 8:20 pm
Hyper: Your statement holds true, not just for racing games, but for any program out there that requires a computer to run it. While there may be security softwares available to make it either more difficult for the hacking to occur, or make the hacks more detectable, there will always be ways around them.

HyperSphere wrote:
Sadly, there appears to be some fundamental flaws in this game's design that makes it easier for hackers to manipulate and the terrible sync/lag many players have makes it *appear* that others are cheating which leads to many, many false reports to sift through.  

Unfortunately, there are going to be many other false reports based upon many other various accusations that will have nothing to do with lag. Just with Project Torque, and WolfTeam (both of which are either former or current games hosted by Aeria,) both of which would require an almost perfect connection for all sides to have to play "fairly" (for a lack of better words,) this game will have an excessive amount of playerbase complaints, flames, trollings, and will become very unfriendly very quickly due to the pure, undiluted, amount of competition that this game has and is.

Project Torque was fun for the first couple of weeks. Then it became a nightmare that lasted for months before it was closed down completely. WolfTeam is a continuing nightmare that Aeria hasn't woken up from yet, and this game may make it do so.

Games that would bring in the kind of negativity and bad publicity to Aeria are not what this company needs. Even if it's a high-grade brandname game. Nothing's worth more to a company than good PR because it brings in more profits.

This game will only be a cash cow for a short amount of time. It won't be long before it kills itself.

Have fun while it lasts Smile

FighterRx

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2011 11:56 am
Dalincan wrote:
FighterRx wrote:

Give me one that there's never been any hacks/cheats/exploits for? Not any one that you, personally, have never done so with. I'm talking in general.

Can't find any? Didn't think so. Razz

But, to satisfy you, I'll answer with the last racing game Aeria hosted: Project Torque  

So many hackers as NFSW?

I can say Hovorun has nearly none: when someonehacks, the match desyncs right away and gives no prize to everyone.(also, everyone is thrown to seperate channels osmth as all dissappear). However, there are some pros who bypass that...but that is rare to be seen there.(And it was low from the day it started as open beta)

HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2011 2:53 pm
Not that they ever talk openly about it but EA did add something that will cause at least some cheaters to get 0 rep/cash and no reward card. I think that only catches basic cheaters though, not ones that know what they are doing.

The trouble with this anti-cheat measure is that it can affect players with high-end over-clocked gaming systems.

FighterRx

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Seems the system, that causes some players not to get rep or cash, when they lag