It seems there are too many players have a hard time try to reinstall DWO lately.
So, I decided to upload the DWO client installer with patches.
Two things that you ALWAYS needed to do BEFORE do any DWO installation/patches:
1. ALWAYS LAUNCH DWO WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGE!
2. COMPLETELY DISABLE ANY ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE PROTECTIONS UNTIL YOU COMPLETE INSTALLING/PATCHING DWO!
(Do NOT forget to re-enable back on after you successfully launch DWO!)
Windows 8 Users: Please read this topic first!
Quick Installer Reference:
If you want full installer (in case you get the "Corrupt Installer?" error and such), get DWO full installer from these two places...
(No need to sign-up)
(required to sign-up)
After install, try to let the game patch itself. However, this can take time (it's a tons of patches...) and you may want to download these patches below while you download the client.
20120922 Update! (Also, tl;dr Edition)
File Checker (filechk.exe)
is now finally working! (Possibly, it works since the Dragon Strike's Patch)
Try to use File Checker first to see if it can patch your DWO files.
As you may noticed that several players get errors while patching due to DWO files being corrupted. File Checker can be used to repair any corrupted DWO files for whatever reasons.
This will help any users who get stuck with error 414:0 (or any other errors that indicate the file corruption) to be able to patch the game properly.
To get there:
Start > All Programs > AeriaGames > Dynasty Warriors Online > File Repair Tool
Give the File Checker a try, if you face any problems with the patching error!
(Manual Patch will still be provide though...)
It will take about 15 min ~ 1 hour to check files... depend on your computer.
**You have to thanks KOEI and Aeria for finally cooperate to make this tool working properly. (Previously, it was just connect to server and the list is empty... and indicate that the file check was done while it does nothing at all...)
Unzip File Instruction:
The setup files with 200 MB segments (the maximum size for Mediafire)... You will be required to fuse those ZIP files together.
I use legacy compression, so that any version of WinZip (or any other similar software) will be able to unzip without compatible issues.
You will have to do the following when dealing with such multiple-volume ZIP files:
- Download all parts into ONE folder.
- Make sure that you have downloaded all parts of the files. (no skipping number)
- Click on ZIP file part, then extract them.
For instructions in visual way... here
For any users who does not have WinZip
. You can download IZArc
for free... here
. It's the same instruction as above. The only different is the word WinZip
on the menu you have to click.
First, you download the DWO Client and install the client from the client link. (The client version is Ver 1.000/1.000, the DWO Closed Beta's Client)
You can download DWO Client in the following ways!
Either download whole EXE installer file from 4shared [1.74 GB (1,873,590,640 bytes)]:
(No need to sign-up)
(required to sign-up)
if you internet cannot really handle huge file download at once, I provided the installer download into segments below...
Mediafire DWO Client Folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?j4vfc4219lldt
I had rezip down to only the original installer file, which is split into 9 files at 200 MB each.
Download all these file into the SAME folder then use your favorite file archiver program (WinZip, WinRAR, 7Zip, etc.) to decompress by choose "UnZip" option on DWOInstallVer1000.zip file.
- DWOInstallVer1000.z01 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 1 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z02 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 2 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z03 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 3 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z04 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 4 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z05 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 5 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z06 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 6 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z07 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 7 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.z08 (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 8 [200.00 MB])
- DWOInstallVer1000.zip (DWO Ver 1.000 Part 9 [184.56 MB])
Then, you download all of DWO Patches EXE files.
I have uploaded these EXE files at FileFactory. Since FileFactory is file sharing site, so instructions will be just like other file sharing site...
Patches Download (at FileFactory) Instruction:
You must install patches in the following orders in order to install properly!
- Scroll down (below the prices for Premium membership) then press the red Download button below the Free Download option
- Type the "captcha code" (It's the same one as you seen on Aeria Games).
- Wait for about 30 seconds...
- Press red Click here to download now button below the Free Download option to start your download.
- Warning: Do not download more than one file at a time.
- dwonrx10010001000019.exe (Client: Ver 1.000 -> 1.001 - Closed Beta's Patch)
- dwonrx11000061001000.exe (Client: Ver 1.001 -> 1.100 - Closed Beta to Open Beta)
- dwonrx11010001100006.exe (Client: Ver 1.100 -> 1.101 - November 2010's Update)
- dwonrx12000051101000.exe (Client: Ver 1.101 -> 1.200 - December 2010's Update)
- dwonrx20000051200005.exe (Client: Ver 1.200 -> 2.000 - Heavenly Strike Update)
- dwonrx20010002000005.exe (Client: Ver 2.000 -> 2.001 - Minor Update to Adjust on Red Ring's Lock)
- dwonrx21000032001000.exe (Client: Ver 2.001 -> 2.100 - Revolution 9's Update (Fu Xi/Nu Wa's @ Mt. Kunlun))
- dwonrx22000022100003.exe (Client: Ver 2.100 -> 2.200 - Battle of Tong Gate's Update)
- dwonrx22010002200002.exe (Client: Ver 2.100 -> 2.201 - December 2011's Patch)
- dwonrx22020002201000.exe (Client: Ver 2.201 -> 2.202 - January 2012's Patch)
- dwonrx22030022202000.exe (Client: Ver 2.202 -> 2.203 - February 2012's Patch)
- dwonrx23000032203002.exe (Client: Ver 2.203 -> 2.300 - Revolution 10's Update (Guild Reward System)
- dwonrx23010032300003.exe (Client: Ver 2.300 -> 2.301 - May 2012's Bug Fixes Patch)
- dwonrx30000042301003.exe (Client: Ver. 2.301 -> 3.000 - Dragon Strike's Update)
- dwonrx30010003000004.exe (Client: Ver. 3.000 -> 3.001 - Patch to fix some of Dragon Strike's Patch Bugs)
- dwonrx30020003001000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.001 -> 3.002 - October 2012's Shields (Cymbals) Update)
- dwonrx31000033002000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.002 -> 3.100 - Firebird's (2nd Kunlun Godly Beast) Update)
- dwonrx31010023100003.exe (Client: Ver. 3.100 -> 3.101 - January 2013's Apex Sword Update)
- dwonrx31020003101002.exe (Client: Ver. 3.101 -> 3.102 - March 2013's Double Fans Update)
- dwonrl20000021000009.exe (Launcher: Ver 1.000 -> 2.000)
- dwonrl21000032000002.exe (Launcher: Ver 2.000 -> 2.100)
- dwonrl23000002100003.exe (Launcher: Ver 2.100 -> 2.300)
- dwonrl30000002300000.exe (Launcher: Ver 2.300 -> 3.000)
- dwonrl31010003000000.exe (Launcher: Ver 3.000 -> 3.101)
*Once each patch EXE is done, it will automatically delete itself!
*If you make mistake, don't worry! It will give error and auto-delete itself! Launch the game to see the client/launcher version and then you just need to download the proper patch EXE you need to patch!
*If you finished patching all dwonrx
files and continuing on patching on dwonrl
files (where you will install the launcher patches). Once you complete one launcher patch, the launcher will launch itself to find another patch! You may choose CANCEL, CLOSE LAUNCHER and proceed to install another patcher EXE OR
wait for launcher to patch itself from Aeria Games' Server.
*Once you done, launcher should say Ver. 3.102/3.101
That's latest EN DWO client as of March 12th, 2013
As of January 22nd, 2012, Megaupload links are gone forever. Megaupload.com taken down by FBI...
However, MediaFire links are still fine.
Due to Dropbox has limited quota on bandwidth, so I have host files on FileFactory now... However, this will make it that you will have to do steps like other file sharing site (type the code, wait, then click "download now")... The another thing is that you can't download more than one at a time and download big patches can take hours... However, this is the only way I can upload files without hitting errors as long as files are being downloaded.
*Transfer rate is about 30 KB/s... on this one.
4shared required user to login in order to download. So now, I had re-uploaded yet another time to Dropbox for patch files, so that people will not have to sign-up for it.
Change the [img] tag on those "File Repair Tools" pic to just hyperlinks to cut down the scrolling for download links...
Due to several reports on Mediafire had now restricted on some of the patch files, specially the "Part 2" of the patch files in those patch larger than 200 MB. I am now had re-uploaded ALL patches to 4shared instead.
Also, this will NOT required you to fuse files together for patch files. I am also uploaded the full installer as ONE SINGLE FILE at 4shared. I am still keep the "200 MB segments" links edition for the installer though.
It seems people does not notice that I have uploaded the actual setup file. So I listed out download links.
I had noticed that some Antivirus programs (mainly AVG, but I also noticed some Norton (in college computer) products doing the same as well) picked up some of these patches as Trojan. I can tell that these are pretty much false-positives. Since they are sometimes just detect the "similar behaviors" and think as something bad.
Therefore depending on antivirus program you are using. You MAY needed to temporary disable antivirus while doing this process. If the antivirus delete some of the EXEs due to detection, disable the antivirus and download the missing EXEs before attempt to patch again.
Sincerely, Pan2011 ~ Pan2013 (Last Update: March 28th, 2013)