valauris

Rank 0
valauris
PostedSep 04, 2011 3:06 pm   Last edited by valauris on Sep 05, 2011 6:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total

ERRRRDAY I'M SHUFFLIN

Just a place for my sigs.
Until they move this topic/open an Arts forum, I'll just place this here. You can give constructive criticism if you'd like.

(hope this one doesn't blind anyone)

Advertisement

Dereldium

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Dereldium
PostedSep 05, 2011 11:56 am
the 3rd on in my opinion

MatthewF_79897

Rank 0
MatthewF_79897
PostedSep 05, 2011 12:04 pm
First one- The colours do not match, brightness on the character is to much.

Second one- meh, it's ruining her. clear her up, dont make the strips go on her.

Third one- idonno what to say, lol. Uhm. . .keep up the work!(:

fourth one- why just have all white with barely any colour, i like this one the best tho.
you should have done some light baby blue because to colour match with her hair.

But what do i know, im also new.
here's two of my work!

share some feedback on mine aswell(:

Dereldium

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Dereldium
PostedSep 05, 2011 2:27 pm
Bowzer one for sure

valauris

Rank 0
valauris
PostedSep 05, 2011 6:12 pm
MatthewF_79897 wrote:

Second one- meh, it's ruining her. clear her up, dont make the strips go on her.

fourth one- why just have all white with barely any colour, i like this one the best tho.
you should have done some light baby blue because to colour match with her hair.

here's two of my work!

Hmmmmm I see I see. Thank you for the advice! Very Happy I didn't like the first, third, and last one anyway. I like the effects you used on your Bowser signature! Very Happy I'm guessing you wanted to focus on Bowser based on where you set him so, good job on that. Smile This could just be me, but there might be too much red. Even though I love red a lot.

As for your Donkey Kong one, iunno this could also just be me, but I think it's a little too plain. Add a few textures, maybe? I'm not sure. ^^;

MatthewF_79897

Rank 0
MatthewF_79897
PostedSep 08, 2011 8:49 pm
valauris wrote:
MatthewF_79897 wrote:

here's two of my work!

Hmmmmm I see I see. Thank you for the advice! Very Happy I didn't like the first, third, and last one anyway. I like the effects you used on your Bowser signature! Very Happy I'm guessing you wanted to focus on Bowser based on where you set him so, good job on that. Smile This could just be me, but there might be too much red. Even though I love red a lot.

As for your Donkey Kong one, iunno this could also just be me, but I think it's a little too plain. Add a few textures, maybe? I'm not sure. ^^;  

The red is to much on bowser you think?
hmm ill keep that in mind thanks!Smile
and yeah, i couldnt think of what to do to make it look good, i just wanted that smash through the glass thing to be focused the most.

MatthewF_79897

Rank 0
MatthewF_79897
PostedSep 08, 2011 8:50 pm
Also, the fifth one you added, is very calm and nice, i like it because of that(:
nice.

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedSep 08, 2011 9:30 pm
-cracks knuckles- Okay here I go!

First one - The subject is too faded and my eyes go toward the brighter effect in the background. Your text is hard to read, it would be best to avoid text that is too code like to make it easier on other people to figure out who the sig belongs to. Also you should add some flow to the image. For example:

Make the background go the same direction as the subject.

Second one - Avoid covering the subject. Sometimes it's good to "wrap" effects around them but blatant plastering is really hard to look at.

Third one - The text is once again hard to read. If it wasn't for your forth one I wouldn't have noticed right away that it said something. Don't make it fade too much into the rest of the sig. The font choice itself could have been better. It looks like you took a sig off google and added words to it. Make it look like it belongs there.

Forth one - Same font notes apply here. Of course a little too bright for a forum with a white background. I can see it roaming about on a darker themed forum though.

Fifth one - I like the background and the subject. They match. The text however does not and ruins it a little. Try resizing it a little smaller. You want people to look at it and see the whole thing, not pause and go "Woa that font is gigantic. But the rest is really good."