GMTenRing

GameMaster: USA
GMTenRing
PostedSep 06, 2011 7:20 pm   Last edited by GMTenRing on Jun 13, 2012 4:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Exploiting to get into Deepfathom

Using skills and 2 person mounts to get lowbies to Deepfathom
Hi everyone! The Grand Fantasia team has conferred on the subject of using skills and two person mounts to bring low level characters to Deepfathom.

This issue has come up in the past concerning other level locked areas. The same applies to Deepfathom. This area requires that players be a certain level (71+) before gaining access. Any method used to gain access before reaching the required level is considered an exploit.

Any incidents brought to our attention, per standard operating procedure, will be handled on a case by case basis. The outcome of any report is determined by the evidence provided. Punitive measures may include account suspensions.
Advertisement

swoopula

Rank 3
swoopula
PostedSep 07, 2011 6:41 am
sonicsa3 wrote:
You might want to rethink this witch hunt policy and focus on real problems. Just saying.  

Real problems also include actually making the devs fix bugs. Since this game is so full of them it's not even funny.

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedSep 07, 2011 8:44 am
I agree with the previous posters, instead of banning peoples from power leveling their alts or other players, you should fix the bugs that is occurring. Personally I feel that grand fantasia is dieng, each day you lose a percentage of the players due of the actions that you're taking instead of providing help and utmost fixs for the community.

If this keeps on I don't see how grand fantasia will continue to fly in the MMO category.

Stop doing unnecessary actions and do things right for once.

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
PostedSep 07, 2011 8:56 am
This is fine. Being professional also entails being consistent and upholding the rules and policies that were set forth. (I felt a little dirty after that statement...)

No matter how little the impact the exploit causes, it is still an exploit, and should be treated as such.

My only concern is that the burden of enforcement is placed upon the players in this game, moreso than any other game that I know of, which develops into a culture and attitudes of players that are basically at each other's throats.

If this were the only exploit in question, then whatever, but there are a slew of exploits (and issues) in this game that most, if not all, is dependent on player enforcement on other players, players reporting other players, players watching others, which develops into attitudes of being high and mighty, idiocy, and assumptions and manipulations (I.E. "That's against the TOS", "No it isin't", "I'll report you...", "I'll report you for threatening to report me").

It's these types of attitudes that turned what was once a good community into, well...crap.

At this point, I'm not even sure what the right solution is. Clearly much of the issues are game related coupled with a lack of resources from Aeria to actively and consistently enforce the TOS.

kaitybre

Rank 2
kaitybre
PostedSep 07, 2011 9:14 am
In the defense of players bringing their alts:

When there are a limited amount of people in a certain time zone (or people who don't like playing the game for the social aspect) its easier for them to just lover themselves with an alt for the 10% exp boost when grinding.

Even if their alt isn't in a party being power-leveled and just sitting at the tele for them to get their exp bonus (Mind you, +10% exp is actually really helpful because the GM's and devs still refuse to give decent exp from regular non-dungeon mobs), it shouldn't be seen as bannable offense.

They're not harming anyone and certainly aren't inhibiting anyone from playing/enjoying the game.

I also agree with dx0520:

dx0520 wrote:
My only concern is that the burden of enforcement is placed upon the players in this game, moreso than any other game that I know of, which develops into a culture and attitudes of players that are basically at each other's throats.  

There are going to be so many people on their high horse just spending their day searching for people who are under 71 in that zone, and whispering them saying "You're under 71, leave or I'll report you" or just simply "SS'd and reported". I know for a fact that GSSnow whispered someone with a 67 alt there who wasn't in a party and just grinding with the exp buff.

Also might I add that you can get level 71 quests at level 69, so I think that the new map should be reconsidered to include 66+ instead of only 71+, if anything.

However, I do not see the issue is so big that it deserves more attention than people losing all their costume, 80 yellow gear, and nerfing +15 gear that was fine the way it was. (Woo yay for long opinions)

I babble.

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedSep 07, 2011 10:15 am
There are other issues as well...

A high lvl AM could be helping a lowbie in say WR which we are encouraged to do. Which is also the same as plvl'ing just in a more controled manner as it can only be done once a day. If the AM were to safe return after finishing the dungeon they could end up back at a teleport or doorway between two maps, and could by mistake drag a lowbie with them, or even intentional.

Example: you have an AM with a twisted mind, goes through a doorway between 2 high lvl maps and gets back to town, parties a lowbie and poofs them to that doorway and then drops party and leaves. Now the lowbie is stuck in a high lvl map making it hard to get to a teleport to get off the map and all he has is song of sprites. If that is in cooldown that lowbie is going to be stuck for an hour and hoping he doesn't die, and now hoping someone doesn't report him getting him banned for something he didn't do. You won't be able to identify the wizzy that did it unless someone reports the name, and if there are no screenshots where's the proof. Lot of cracks left open here.

And there is always the lover poof issue where a lowbie lover is just trying to get to thier lover and end up on a high lvl map not realizing where their lover is.

The lover yak, you guys just introduced this knowing it could be exploited as you put it.
So are you trying to make it so you can ban more people? Are you trying to kill GF for some reason?

There is a very easy solution to all of this, and while it will eliminate plvl'ing which seems to really be the issue here and most won't like it. You could change the code so that players are unable to gain exp from 5+ lvl's above their own. This does suck as many of the warrior classes can take out mobs 8 to 10 lvl's above thier own lvl if geared correctly.

Or you could reuse the code you already use for OSI, or the dungeon restriction that is currently in place already and hard restrict players from getting to the high lvl maps.

Short of plvl'ing what harm is there from a lowbie being in a high lvl map? They can only look around to see what they have to look forward to and encourage them to lvl up faster.
Restricting access to deepfathom does nothing, players can walk to AB and get plvl'ed there. As well as taking players in to high lvl dungeons pending the lvl restriction is removed as it was 'unintended'.

Here's another factor to consider, to get Guardian fo Saphael points (helping lowbies)
You have to help the lowbie gain prestige, this can be done by them completing a quest or by a high lvl taking out rare bosses but it has to be at the same lvl as the high lvl player. Can't do that if we can't get the lowbies to a map of our lvl. So you are telling us to be friendly and help lowbies and cutting of our means to do so by telling us we will be banned for helping.

It's a game for crying out loud let people explore it, it only puts lowbies at risk of dying which is excitment of it for many. You start placing all these rules that players must follow and new players have no idea about and start banning ppl over it and we can just end the game cause no one will be happy with the GF team.

Anex you were starting to do good with communication with your blog, that stopped it's disappointing. Things were starting to look like there was hope that you cared. You have become invisiable again... Without good leadership you have crap. Lets work on getting things fixed and bringing back that communication.

I am willing to volunteer my time to bug tracking and reporting bugs with possible solutions, but only if the GM team is willing to listen and attempt to do something with it.

But with this current path of ban happy for issues that not all players understand or can control is just a dooms day for GF. Anex, GM team are you willing to step up and listen and work with your community that is paying your salaries each month to get this game back in shape? Or is the goal to kill GF like what happend to Kitsu?

Samurai882

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Samurai882
PostedSep 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: Exploiting to get into Deepfathom

Using skills and 2 person mounts to get lowbies to Deepfathom
GMTenRing wrote:
Hi everyone! The Grand Fantasia team has conferred on the subject of using skills and two person mounts to bring low level characters to Deepfathom.

How about editing the game and making sure this 2 things cant be done? Making a message appear when you try to teleport to those maps riding a 2 person mount, or a message for the soul link, as if your lover is in a different channel for example. But wait, you cant. Because for every little thing you change, you create x10 other bugs.
It would be easier this way, imo, rather than having to go through RT and so on, checking who reported who and wasting more time on useless things, like Ajani said.

GSSamurai iSaidNo SIingShot Stamp
Serenade

dbzfan1989

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

replay 2 gm

u lot r desorying the gaming just like KS u shut it dwn so more ppl go 2 ee now it funny that after ks shuts dwn things go worng o gf hmm 2 odd all them rules that u cant plvl and stuff u cant sy we ca and cant do this. like every manager says the costumer is allways right. the costumes is buying and playing. u there 2 make things better imporve stuff not 2 make ppl unhappy anyway wasy se it u trying 2 shut this game 2 but if u do that be then end of airia games.

here a good thing 4 u 2 do u lot on about stopping ppl plvl there alts and stuff how about this gm u play the gme aa4 a long time and then make a alt what woud u do tell me that nah cuz u just there 2 tell us what and we ant do well like i say all gms should play the game and i mea 4 real no hax like 999999hp u got 2 start from lvl 1 like the rest of us and u got 2 go atleast lvl 70 then make a alt.

i think that is fair

chuyax19

Rank 0
PostedSep 07, 2011 10:03 pm
lolz... looks like gf will be next in line to KS in shutting down..

<------- looking for a new mmo with lots of players ON...

and had a good PVP without any SCHEDULE...

any suggestion....

-looking for new MMO-

mschultz98

Rank 3
mschultz98
PostedSep 07, 2011 10:03 pm
I DO think some people cheat in bad ways, but really aeria? I've been here for almost two years. It would be nice to have the guild level raised, some bugs fixed, glitches removed, gold spammers IP permabanned; yet you are more considering your players integrity over that?

And you wonder why so many people have left Grand Fantasia.