grankuwaga

Rank 0
grankuwaga
PostedAug 21, 2011 10:08 pm

How to Link Dreads 29-32 for defense?

Hi, I'm making a UM hunter atm going 5 str 4 dex and want to know how best to link the 29-32 dreads best for defense as buying res rune all the time is to costly to do so I'm guessing the next best thing to do is invest in defense gear.So,can any of you help as to what to link them with?

Advertisement

bhausler

Rank 2
PostedAug 23, 2011 12:28 am

Re: How to Link Dreads 29-32 for defense?

grankuwaga wrote:
Hi, I'm making a UM hunter atm going 5 str 4 dex and want to know how best to link the 29-32 dreads best for defense as buying res rune all the time is to costly to do so I'm guessing the next best thing to do is invest in defense gear.So,can any of you help as to what to link them with?  

First question is what do you plan on doing? Leveling up more, or stopping for pvp at lvl 30 for a bit?

In the case that you want to pvp, then you need a CRR.

In the case of leveling, then the best defense for an archer imo is evasion. Get more dex so you don't get hit very often and you will be in good shape. I would have though with 4 dex per level you should have decent evasion at lvl 29 already. That makes me think that you main problem is you need more attack power so the mobs die before they can hit you very much.

Unless you have very good gear avoid dungeon mobs and stick to the regular maps. The exp is less for each mob, but you can kill much faster (and take less damage) so the total exp gained can be even higher than in dungeons.

Good luck!

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedAug 24, 2011 9:22 am
As stated above, dex is the hunters best defense, so link as much dex as you can. with more dex attacks will miss against you, anc with proper kiting, mobs should rarely even touch you.
I have a HM hunter with a 2dex/5luc build at lvl 33. I linked my quest dreads with duals and 4s fortune and shrewd. Grinding on reds on map3 i'm killing them beforw they get close enough to strike, and purples require just a bit of kiting.

A hunters two best friends are lots of crits and lots of evasion. Smile

Posted By Aeria Mobile