LadySilverHeart

Rank 2
LadySilverHeart
PostedDec 28, 2008 6:46 pm
yep i spent some time looking through these too, by the fine print i could see that most of the free offers were not free and i got one of those pop up "warning you have 10,000 viruses you must use our programme" it's leeched itself onto my search bar somehow... now all searches take me back to it's website and ive tried 5 mallware programmes to find it and none are picking it up. i've searched through my start up list and various other places but it's looking like i'll have to do a full format to get rid of this now Sad

Advertisement

jasonxi

Rank 5
PostedDec 28, 2008 6:56 pm
LadySilverHeart wrote:
yep i spent some time looking through these too, by the fine print i could see that most of the free offers were not free and i got one of those pop up "warning you have 10,000 viruses you must use our programme" it's leeched itself onto my search bar somehow... now all searches take me back to it's website and ive tried 5 mallware programmes to find it and none are picking it up. i've searched through my start up list and various other places but it's looking like i'll have to do a full format to get rid of this now Sad  

also got something like that . pop up saying YOU GOT A TROJAN DOWNLOAD THIS SOFTWARE TO GET RIDE OF IT, but was just wanting me to download a trojan lol, and i could not x out of i had to use ctrl alt del, now i got a buntch of cookies, and tracking software, maybe they secretly gold spammers taking my account =0

Vesper

Rank 5
Vesper
PostedDec 28, 2008 6:59 pm
i just did the same thing. Full restore. I think i got all the malware but i couldn't find all the changes it made to my registry and it kept hijacking my browser when i would run google searches. only direct addresses would work. Anything that linked through google would redirect me to some unknown site with what looked like blind links. Good luck guys and IMO, don't bother with these offers till they get the bad ones weeded out.

<small>"6. Signatures will not exceed a height of 200 pixels, a width of 700 pixels and a file size of 120 Kb." - Superman0X</small>

KaerellaBlaise

Rank 3
KaerellaBlaise
PostedDec 30, 2008 11:16 am
I remember looking at the list when the deal was first announced, but they almost all seemed to be gambling sites or signing up for expensive text messages to one's mobile, at least as far as the UK was concerned... I'm glad I didn't take things any further!

LordDeathies

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2008 11:21 am
Some of those offers are just asking you to "list your billing details, email, phone number, and credit card information"...
I may have my identity stolen, but it gets me 50 free AP!
Some you CAN avoid though, like the ones that say in a footnote "you WILL be emailed several times after completing offer"

jasonxi

Rank 5
PostedJan 13, 2009 7:23 pm
now every freakin day i get sales calls to my cell phone!!!!! dont do this!!!

ghostkid2424

Rank 0
ghostkid2424
PostedJul 30, 2011 8:33 am

never get my points any way

i never get teh points
i tried them but i never get the points

KaerellaBlaise

Rank 3
KaerellaBlaise
PostedJul 30, 2011 8:58 am
A slightly old topic to resurrect here - but I must say that in Britain now there are usually some new videos to watch every week for 3 or 4 ap each, and the ap arrives pretty promptly. All one has to do is watch, no personal details are needed. It may not be a whole heap of cash, but even small amounts come in handy sometimes! Smile

eeeasytiger

Rank 5
eeeasytiger
PostedJul 30, 2011 12:28 pm
Locked - Necro

My stream.