blahs444

Rank 3
blahs444
PostedJul 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey guys.. New HM Archer Here

Hey. I just got back from a 1 year break of Shaiya and I want to start a HM Archer. What build should I be doing? I was thinking back and remembering that 5str/2dex till 30 than 6luc/1dex.

Is this correct? Thanks
Advertisement

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
PostedJul 08, 2011 6:27 pm
5 Strength, 2 Dexterity is still a viable build. Though, don't make the common mistake on that build. If you do go with 5/2. You MUST lapis Dexterity to the build to gain a perfect 95% hit ratio. If you are not planning to stick a few level 3's in some Npc Gear. You should be going with 3 Dexterity, with the rest into Strength. Til level 30 is a viable strategy that has gained much praise.

So basically, 5/2 if you are going to lapis. 5/3 if you are not going to lapis. Or, if you don't want to lapis in Dexterity.

You want to gain the following Dexterity by every listed level.

Level 15- 40 Dexterity
Level 30- 90 Dexterity
Level 45- 135 Dexterity
Level 50- 250 Dexterity
Level 60- 300 Dexterity

This is why its important to gain consistent Dexterity from start to finish.

2 Dex will give you 30 Dex at level 15. Which can easily reach the 40 mark with just a single level 3 Shrewd. At level 30 however, you will need to find +30 Dexterity that is not gained from your 2 per level.

Here is my recommended fix for this.

1 Noble piece of armor level 1 to 15 lapised with one level 3 Shrewd. The rest can be placed into Strength/Attack.
Place three Level 3 Shrewd or better into your Dread Set.

I also recommend using a few level 3 Mental and Spirit Lapis in your Noble and Dread sets. If you are just planning on using Level 3 Lapis. The extra Mana/Spirit Points gained. Will serve you better than a +7 Statistical Lapis.

blahs444

Rank 3
blahs444
PostedJul 08, 2011 7:22 pm
Lanceknightmare wrote:
5 Strength, 2 Dexterity is still a viable build. Though, don't make the common mistake on that build. If you do go with 5/2. You MUST lapis Dexterity to the build to gain a perfect 95% hit ratio. If you are not planning to stick a few level 3's in some Npc Gear. You should be going with 3 Dexterity, with the rest into Strength. Til level 30 is a viable strategy that has gained much praise.

So basically, 5/2 if you are going to lapis. 5/3 if you are not going to lapis. Or, if you don't want to lapis in Dexterity.

You want to gain the following Dexterity by every listed level.

Level 15- 40 Dexterity
Level 30- 90 Dexterity
Level 45- 135 Dexterity
Level 50- 250 Dexterity
Level 60- 300 Dexterity

This is why its important to gain consistent Dexterity from start to finish.

2 Dex will give you 30 Dex at level 15. Which can easily reach the 40 mark with just a single level 3 Shrewd. At level 30 however, you will need to find +30 Dexterity that is not gained from your 2 per level.

Here is my recommended fix for this.

1 Noble piece of armor level 1 to 15 lapised with one level 3 Shrewd. The rest can be placed into Strength/Attack.
Place three Level 3 Shrewd or better into your Dread Set.

I also recommend using a few level 3 Mental and Spirit Lapis in your Noble and Dread sets. If you are just planning on using Level 3 Lapis. The extra Mana/Spirit Points gained. Will serve you better than a +7 Statistical Lapis.  

Thanks Smile Ill look more into this Very Happy

tiamats4esgares

Rank 4
tiamats4esgares
PostedJul 10, 2011 8:33 am
Unlike crit %, hit $% doesn't max at 95% -- it maxes much higher. That being said, Lance's advise here is still pretty good. What I'd do if I were you is instead of switching to a LUC build, wait until you have enough skill points then just switch over to LUC/STR when you can have about 475 LUC, 300 STR, and enough DEX that you need (including your gear, of course). You can add in more LUC if you'd like after that, or just STR. And don't forget to keep adding DEX. Smile

Royaldoa

Rank 0
Royaldoa
PostedJul 12, 2011 3:58 pm
I got a HM Archer to lvl 30 full up on Luc, lapised in dex. Worked very well! Crit a lot of the time. Most are probably against this build, but I found it to be enjoyable.

~Savior

Known as SaviorSelf or LoyalFighter lvl 40 something UM Archer lvl 50 something HM Fighter

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedJul 12, 2011 5:00 pm
Royaldoa wrote:
I got a HM Archer to lvl 30 full up on Luc, lapised in dex. Worked very well! Crit a lot of the time. Most are probably against this build, but I found it to be enjoyable.

~Savior  
The reason most people are against it is because it's very slow and inefficient.
If you crit your damage will be on a par with a str/dex build, but if you don't crit, your damage will be around 1/4 the damage of a str build.

From about levels 20 to 35 you will be significantly slower than a str/dex build as your crit rate is very low. As your crit rate picks up you will catch up more to a str/dex build.

There will be people who enjoy that (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing), but most people will want to do a bit more damage.

RIP Kizzd