brutus569

Rank 0
brutus569
PostedJun 13, 2011 4:16 pm

The guide to buying your first anln 2000 series ship.

What ship should I get?
I asked this question when I reached lvl 10 myself, "Should i buy the tank, storm, light engineer, or the speed stun?" well heres a guide for that question. We'll start with the space tank, (My personal favorite! Very Happy ) the space tank is the most survivable of the 2000 series ships, if your a stand and fight kind of person, this is the ship for you, it is able to take more damage than any of the other 2000 ships, it is great at fighting against mantis being equiped with shields and heavy armor (wich is why i recommend allowing a tank lead a squad while ships such as storms support it from behind), but it does suffer at pvp due to its slower speed and lack of anti tank missles, if your more into pve go for a tank, its also excellent at harv hunting when supported by storms. Next up is the storms, storms are great for pvp, (there probably the best for it) if you get a storm youll be capable at starting a battle from a longer range, storms are also a great addition to any squad (I like to have one at my back for sure Wink ) if your looking for a ship to pvp alot with this is your ship. Next up the light engineer, This ship is a welcome addition to any squad due to its abilaty to support other ships, PROTECT AN ENGINEER AT ALL COSTS!! if you choose an engineer your bound to be one of the more popular pilots of your system, an added bonus is the fact that more players would be willing to protect you (i would atleast), i do wish more players would buy this ship. Last is the speed stun, i havent seen may in action so i cant make a thorough opinoin, but its discription makes it out to be an excellent scouting ship, if your more of a hit and run kinda player go for the speed stun. Hope this helps!!!
Advertisement

brutus569

Rank 0
brutus569
PostedJun 14, 2011 2:27 pm
I forgot to mention if anyone would like to add to this guide feel free to post watever you think would help just make sure its about the topic at hand.

Shogun.sShadow

Rank 0
Shogun.sShadow
PostedJun 14, 2011 4:06 pm
of corse some1 will add something with pleasure on this post
u say that u hit lvl10 and just buy lvl10 ship and posting this guide 4 buying ships. u'll need 2 learn game way more then that. lvl10 is just beginning. also it is not true that tank is best 4 lvl10 pilots. there is no best ship in game. PG have awesome balance between ships and gameplay. since u r lvl10 u notice that u can turn ur pm on. ask any other pilot on ur server or GM to make duel with ya but tell them not 2 use same ship as u have. b sure that u'll get podded in less then 30 sec.

personal advice to all new pilots is to take ship what will make them happy

brutus569

Rank 0
brutus569
PostedJun 23, 2011 7:23 am
Ok first I did not say I just hit lvl 10 (I wanted to make sure i knew what i was talking about when i posted this guide, that's why i watied untill i had seen these ships in action), second i did not say the space tank was the best ship, i specifically said it was "my personal favorite" that does not imply that the tank is for everyone, i also pointed out that the tank was poor at player vs player battles, i do agree with the whole choose a ship that makes you happy, this is just a guide to the specifacations of each ship to help newer players, i wanted to point out what each ship was or wasn't good for, so dont go insulting me please.

Daesor

Rank 0
PostedJun 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Pros and cons and information about later system's tech

Just going to post some pros and cons plus tech
Tank-good for surviving mantis attacks.uses shield,taunt in the anln 2000 ships.has a lot of armor.

Storm-good for attacking mantis.uses rockets and aim computer.has bad armor.

Stun/shock-good for stunning an enemy-when your ship is close to destruction.it's armor is ok.

Engineer-good for helping out on a mission when fighting A boss such as the bethemoth.it repairs people and allies-rosebud or tobias.it also has a anti-stun shield.Armor is ok.pvp is bad for this ship as it can only shield and use blaster,collector,AB and repair.

Later systems tech for ships

Tank-aim scramblers and aggrobomb

Storm-Perforator and Thermoblast

Stun-Aggrobeacon and stun dome

Engineer-repair field and materializer

NOTE:Antares has only one part of the tech above.

Tank-aim scrambler

Storm-perforator

Stun-Aggrobeacon

Engineer-repair field

Hope this helps along with brutus's guide!

Daesor

Rank 0
PostedJun 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Other types of ships

I forgot about defender and sniper
Defender-uses minelayer,attack turret,repair turret and sticky bomb.unlocked as a rare ship in draconis.

Sniper-uses sniper blaster,Attack droid,orbital strike and attack charge.unlocked as a rare ship in Sol and a normal ship in draconis.(need to accept weaponized methonoids,a mission)

Obtained information from the wiki

skyattacker90

Rank 0
skyattacker90
PostedJan 05, 2013 4:58 am

the place where u go if ur a PG fan

u can go to this website if ur a PG fan
[url=http://www.prelude.myzen.co.uk/PG/] it has alot of info about the game like cryonite drop rate,ship and class,bp's and much much more

STTKR90