^cool ui, ee's ui is a biiiig turn down
Advertisement

PKKadin

Rank 1
PKKadin
PostedJun 21, 2011 11:31 am
bezeta wrote:

^cool ui, ee's ui is a biiiig turn down  

I couldn't stand playing a game with that UI... there's so much clutter!

Honestly the UI is 90% in my peripheral vision, so I have no issues as long as I can make things small, which I can. When I use an ability, I look at the icon, not the action bar. When I need to look at the map, I do just that, and not at its frame. I understand where you're coming from. If something like that bothered me too, it'd be hard NOT to look at it.

Maybe a new UI would be interesting, but you have to remember it's all aesthetics. A change in UI (as in appearance, not function) is not going to make a game easier to play other than not having to sub-consciously stare at the frames around everything.

Them's my two-silvers anyway. :V

MrFlamingCat

Rank 0
MrFlamingCat
PostedJun 21, 2011 12:38 pm
It looks a Hard of a lot better than Eden eternals UI rofl.

PKKadin

Rank 1
PKKadin
PostedJun 21, 2011 3:54 pm
If you call it taking up necessary space better... Eden's UI is simple, keeps things bare-bones, and doesn't go all nuts with fancy swirls and sparkly rainbows.

chownplus

Rank 0
chownplus
PostedJun 21, 2011 5:36 pm
Eden's UI *does* go nuts on fancy swirls and sparkly rainbows though. The UI takes up so much space it's crazy, the screen is cramped with windows on all sizes, and I have everything set to the smallest size.

It would be great if they allowed us to change the UI ourselves in GIMP or photoshop or something but sadly the launcher just reinstalls the old UI if you attempt to change it (a guildie told me)

MrFlamingCat

Rank 0
MrFlamingCat
PostedJun 21, 2011 6:22 pm
PKKadin wrote:
If you call it taking up necessary space better... Eden's UI is simple, keeps things bare-bones, and doesn't go all nuts with fancy swirls and sparkly rainbows.  

Taking up what space? you must have some small resolution. I'm not saying to add stuff, I'm saying to change the style of it. It's cramped as it is.

JonStamos

Rank 0
PostedJun 21, 2011 11:20 pm
I agree it is hideous. I just scale it as small as I can. I agree with what you said about the production value too. As a former WoW player my first instinct was to download a different UI xD. sigh..

MrFlamingCat

Rank 0
MrFlamingCat
PostedJun 22, 2011 12:49 pm
JonStamos wrote:
I agree it is hideous. I just scale it as small as I can. I agree with what you said about the production value too. As a former WoW player my first instinct was to download a different UI xD. sigh..  

I think as a player entering a game with any bad UI's intent would be to download/create a different UI xD.

Nalizification

Rank 0
Nalizification
PostedJul 25, 2011 8:16 pm
Hope I'm not necroing this topic but I've been looking into it and it seems like the UI files are packed here "..\EdenEternal\pkg" although I don't know which program you use to unpackage them, I already tried with 7zip.

And I have to agree, I really dislike the current interface Eden Eternal is using + You can only change colours. Like someone mentioned above me, it would be better if you could change between different styles also.