Tetsero

Rank 1
Tetsero
PostedJun 17, 2011 1:44 am

Item Mall Prices

Some very generous, others a complete ripoff
The first thing I must say is Portal Stones are a complete ripoff. They are used extremely fast and when you click on "cancel" you are not auto-routed normally. They are life savers just as IM Health Potions are. This means they should be offered for around the same prices. I could see Portal Stones having a 3:1 exchange rate, but not a 20:1. And buying 500 only gives you a 50% discount.

So the prices you see in here are based on what I think is fair and what the true value of an item is. The + or = AP represents savings (+) or loses (-) to the player for their purchase.

Jump-Start Bundle: Silver - 999 AP - +48 AP
    *Iris Jewel - 199 AP
    *5-Slot Backpack - 249 AP
    *Repair Hammer - 99 AP
    *25 Portal Stones - Single:500|1/2*50Bundle:450
    Total - 1047|997

We will take the number with singles just to make it fair.
Which gives a savings of only 48 AP!

Jump-Start Bundle: Gold - 1999 AP - -5 AP
    *Auric Jewel - 399 AP
    *5-Slot Backpack x2 - 498 AP
    *Repair Hammer x2 - 198 AP
    *50 Portal Stones - 899 AP
    Total - 1994 AP

Which means the customer is losing 5 AP per purchase of this "bundle!"

Jump-Start Bundle: Diamond - 2999 AP - +340 AP
    *Auric Jewel - 399 AP
    *5-Slot Backpack x4 - 996 AP
    *EXP Charm II: 10 Pack - 675 AP
    *CP Charm II: 10 Pack - 675 AP
    *Repair Hammer x6 - 594 AP
    Total - 3339

So this is where people see true savings? And it's also the only one that does not have Portal Stones

Let's say Portal Stones are worth less (which they are, everyone knows it) than what you are charging for them. This would make players lose almost 300 AP from the Silver bundle, over 750 from the Gold bundle, and of course nothing from the Diamond--But that bundle isn't even fair to include. It should have at least 75 Portal Stones--would would increase the savings by over 200 at new pricings, but it would increase the savings by over 1000 AP at the current prices.

The other two bundles are amazingly prices.

The Weekend Warrior Bundle has the greatest value, just the 30 Charm IIs are worth over 2000 AP.

I love Aeria. Every game is top caliber and I have truly enjoyed playing. It is the only MMO site at which I have considered spending my money. Unfortunately it's unfair practices like this that cause me to reconsider my actions, because the 500 bonus AP I get from my purchase before July 1st will really go toward nothing more than inflated prices that are not really worth it.

The only other problem I have are wings should be 1749 AP, not 1999 AP. They're too small to constitute that price.

All other things are fairly priced I think. I really don't have any more complaints than the Portal Stones and how you are ripping people off with the first two bundles not really saving and the third lacking greatly--but it's all assuming you take the real value of Portal Stones.

tl;dr - Lower Portal Stone Prices to 3 AP per 1, lower Silver package to 499 AP, and lower Gold package to 1499 AP+add 2 expII and 2 cpII charms

[/almost2amrant]

Eden Eternal Item Mall a Ripoff?<br> http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=10120557#10120557 <br> More likely than you think...
Advertisement

tehcupcakes

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2011 7:02 am
*slow clap* I agree completely, portal stones are really overpriced, as are the bundles. Honestly I don't see why the cosmetic stuff is so expensive either... Granted they do the same thing in most other MMOs, but really, are shiny wings really worth twice as much as 20 extra slots in your inventory? Sure they look cool, but they don't do anything. I think all cosmetic items should be about half of what they are now. Just my opinion.

Tetsero

Rank 1
Tetsero
PostedJun 17, 2011 11:45 am
Cosmetic items are... well... cosmetic. That means they are only there to look fancy. It's saying a suit should only cost $50 and not $500. Sure it's true, but a lot of work went into the suit and not a lot of people are buying them up constantly.

The cosmetic items are the most artistic items of the group and I think they're fairly priced for the most part. These artists work hard and deserve money (since art is a hard business to gain money).

If you really want to sell the wings for $19.99 then you need to educate people on the [ctrl]+click. I only just recently found out about that. I doubt many people know about it either.

Eden Eternal Item Mall a Ripoff?<br> http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=10120557#10120557 <br> More likely than you think...

alienware200

Rank 0
alienware200
PostedJun 17, 2011 4:34 pm
Don't forget the outrageous scroll prices in the item mall 150 ap for ONE lvl 50 power scroll? That has got to be a joke I was expecting more like bundle offers in the item Mall not just 1 power scroll lvl 50 for 150 ap. I would have been fine if it was like 10, heck I would have been fine if it was at least 5 lol. But seriously why not release an upgrade bundle lots of games have them and they are pretty fairly priced in other games. Of course the scrolls are just 1 thing thats annoying me, theirs also the cosmetics like the wings which I have mentioned in a post before 20$ for a pair of tiny butterfly wings? Complete rip off.

aribaxaribax

Rank 0
aribaxaribax
PostedJun 17, 2011 5:27 pm
You deserve a round of applause. Bravo.

alienware200

Rank 0
alienware200
PostedJun 17, 2011 9:54 pm
New update!
The limited edition cat set cost 40$ in my opinion that is a ridiculous amount compared to every other game I have ever played to date. I will use flyff as an example a prepaid card gets you 3k(use to be 3.6k) gpotatoes for 30$ with that you could easily buy yourself an entire fashion set from head to toe and alot of upgrade protect scrolls(the equivalent of saftey stones). So seriously whoever is pricing these items either teach new players how to get new AP or lower those prices please.

Tetsero

Rank 1
Tetsero
PostedJun 18, 2011 12:21 pm
alienware200 wrote:
Don't forget the outrageous scroll prices in the item mall 150 ap for ONE lvl 50 power scroll? That has got to be a joke I was expecting more like bundle offers in the item Mall not just 1 power scroll lvl 50 for 150 ap. I would have been fine if it was like 10, heck I would have been fine if it was at least 5 lol. But seriously why not release an upgrade bundle lots of games have them and they are pretty fairly priced in other games. Of course the scrolls are just 1 thing thats annoying me, theirs also the cosmetics like the wings which I have mentioned in a post before 20$ for a pair of tiny butterfly wings? Complete rip off.  

The power scroll for only 150AP at level 50 (the maximum current level) is underpriced. It is an item you can find from monsters and that means it is simply a luxury to get this item from the mall. Since getting a weapon to +4 is super easy, and getting it to +5 is still pretty simple, only people who would buy the safety stones (people spending high volumes of AP) would get these cash scrolls.

Tetsero

Rank 1
Tetsero
PostedJun 18, 2011 12:27 pm
alienware200 wrote:
New update!
The limited edition cat set cost 40$ in my opinion that is a ridiculous amount compared to every other game I have ever played to date. I will use flyff as an example a prepaid card gets you 3k(use to be 3.6k) gpotatoes for 30$ with that you could easily buy yourself an entire fashion set from head to toe and alot of upgrade protect scrolls(the equivalent of saftey stones). So seriously whoever is pricing these items either teach new players how to get new AP or lower those prices please.  

It was actually $50.00 and then they reduced the price to $40.00.

The suit is the most artistically demanding, but the ears are the most desirable. The suit's price makes sense in one way, but the ears another. My problem is that I can see the ears at $15, but $20 is too much for them. They would get more transactions if they were to lower the price of the ears and have a 230% increase in sales. The outfit is a fair price for fashion though.

Jonny7227

Rank 0
Jonny7227
PostedJun 18, 2011 12:56 pm
I completely agree! lol but every1 i wud just like the applause Tetsero for actually taking time from her life to do all this (adding all the items together etc.) haha -claps- well done Tetsero Very Happy

Lalalalala :D..... WAIT whoa wat was that O.O!! MEEP! O YEA DONT FORGET MEEP!!!! btw if yur still readin this u hav alot of time to read such a long signature :D

snoopybiggs

Rank 0
snoopybiggs
PostedJun 21, 2011 9:52 pm
Testro you just broke the matrix. IF I could bring up the case of G-potato vs Player base. Allods online was over priced. It failed.

[/url]