gsh43

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Eden Eternal - Mac

Support?
All I'd like to know is: is there currently support for eden eternal on mac, and if not, will it be coming anytime soon?
Advertisement

dakaa

Rank 0
dakaa
PostedJun 16, 2011 7:50 pm
get a pc.

I believe most of the game developers won't bother making their game compatible with Mac platform, because it's such a pain in the *beep*.

Arixtotle

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2011 7:58 pm
dakaa wrote:
get a pc.  

Actually, it's better to just bootcamp a Mac and put Windows 7 on it. You get the best of both worlds then.

BornabeWild

Rank 0
PostedJul 20, 2011 5:12 pm

No, it's not...

Ya know, I've been an avid Windows only no matter what kind of guy since the dawn of it and still love Windows... but have recently picked up a MacBook Pro 17" 2011 Model with 8GB of Ram, the upgraded CPU, etc... and have to say... it runs Windows 7 better than any 'Windows' laptops with the same / near the same specs / price.

This has been my best Windows computer yet, lol. Anyway, back on topic... I'm really starting to enjoy the whole OS X experience, and although I can and do Bootcamp Win7, I'm in favor of OS X native clients... prevents the whole hassle of Bootcamping to Windows.

Blizzard (I know, I know, not the same... I get it...) has 18.9% of it's userbase coming from Mac... so the momentum and possibilities are there I would think, but I'm not one with any real experience in any of the departments of producing games, so I really can't say much other than I would support an OS X native client and although I have Win7 Bootcamped, have lately just gone after what runs natively, since none of the games out / coming out have really been that good enough to be worth the reboot.

Get a gaming company to make a game similar to DAoC with updated artwork / interface and that's something I would bootcamp all over until splooge came out. lol

gunotman

Rank 2
PostedJul 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: No, it's not...

BornabeWild wrote:
MacBook Pro 17" 2011 Model with 8GB of Ram, the upgraded CPU, etc... and have to say... it runs Windows 7 better than any 'Windows' laptops with the same / near the same specs / price.  

stopped reading there.

dinozord (assassin, siropas)

dcrago

Rank 0
dcrago
look at all these Buckeye's. United States
PostedJul 20, 2011 6:06 pm
EE is developed on DirectX, which was made by Microsoft, so only Windows OS has it. X-Legend would need to change EE to openGL to let MAC users play (rather that be a second or a whole new client, I don't know. Would have to look at WoW for that info). Otherwise, bootcamp windows, or use wine to play.

meekmilla

Rank 3
meekmilla
PostedJul 20, 2011 6:53 pm
short answer no MAC is not supported.

EmoBunnyBun

Rank 0
PostedJul 21, 2011 5:49 pm
Another option you might want to look into is a program called parallels which lets you run both the mac and the windows operating system at once.

I personally do not know how well this program runs on a macbook pro as I have only ever used it on an iMac so I would strongly suggest you do some research to see if this program is right for you.

If you do find that this program is good for a macbook pro it would solve all of your wants as you can run windows under the Mac OS interface using coherence mode

Hope this helps

lordchaos4919

Rank 0
lordchaos4919
PostedJul 21, 2011 6:26 pm

BornabeWild wrote:
Ya know, I've been an avid Windows only no matter what kind of guy since the dawn of it and still love Windows... but have recently picked up a MacBook Pro 17" 2011 Model with 8GB of Ram, the upgraded CPU, etc... and have to say... it runs Windows 7 better than any 'Windows' laptops with the same / near the same specs / price.

This has been my best Windows computer yet, lol. Anyway, back on topic... I'm really starting to enjoy the whole OS X experience, and although I can and do Bootcamp Win7, I'm in favor of OS X native clients... prevents the whole hassle of Bootcamping to Windows.

Blizzard (I know, I know, not the same... I get it...) has 18.9% of it's userbase coming from Mac... so the momentum and possibilities are there I would think, but I'm not one with any real experience in any of the departments of producing games, so I really can't say much other than I would support an OS X native client and although I have Win7 Bootcamped, have lately just gone after what runs natively, since none of the games out / coming out have really been that good enough to be worth the reboot.

Get a gaming company to make a game similar to DAoC with updated artwork / interface and that's something I would bootcamp all over until splooge came out. lol  

how much did that macbook cost you? i doubt matching pc laptops are similar priced. Apple overcharges wayy to much

Yelhsax

Rank 0
PostedAug 05, 2011 2:34 pm

gunotman wrote:
BornabeWild wrote:
MacBook Pro 17" 2011 Model with 8GB of Ram, the upgraded CPU, etc... and have to say... it runs Windows 7 better than any 'Windows' laptops with the same / near the same specs / price.  

stopped reading there.  

what is Wine???