CaptainCorndog

Rank 0
CaptainCorndog
PostedJun 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Is base stat growth affected by what class you level up as?

Level up as a bard, miss out on HP/DEF for knight?
This is a question That's been bothering me, but I can't find anyone with a concrete answer yet. Some say yes, others say no. I don't know who to believe.

I have a character that mainly grinds as a warrior/knight on maps. I also use cleric for dungeons, sometimes there is already a tank and a healer is needed more. But sometimes I also level up inside a dungeon as the cleric...which makes me wonder am I messing up my stat growth doing that. Like am I missing out on potential ATK/HP/DEF by leveling up as the cleric?

I prefer playing warrior/knight and I want my base stats to benefit those classes. But I can't always play those classes in a dungeon party. Sometimes the party needs a healer, not another tank. I would really appreciate a definite answer on base stat growth please.

Because if base stats are affected that way...that kind of conflicts with be able to play as whatever I want, whenever I want, since I don't want to risk messing up my stats.
Advertisement

whitenuts

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2011 3:27 pm
I doubt it works that way.

I believe it's logical to state that your base stats grow a defined amount each level, regardless of class. If you look at your class changing window, you'll see percentages near to the stats. That means that instead of stat growth being different from class to class (as happens in some Tactical RPGs), the base growth is always the same and what changes when you change classes is that your base stats are multiplied by different percentages.

CaptainCorndog

Rank 0
CaptainCorndog
PostedJun 07, 2011 4:59 pm
I suppose you're right.

My friend brought up a good point too. He said base stats probably grow the same no matter what class you level up as, since the classes are unlocked at different levels. So if class did affect base stat growth up level up, players who wanted to main a thief for example would lose out on better EVA growth from 1-15. So I think he's right too, that what class you are does not affect your base stat growth.

Otherwise if it did, that kind of growth mechanic would not be very good in a game that promotes you to play every class with one character. Players would " mess up " they're end game stats all the time. It wouldn't make sense.

VonLoewe

Rank 1
PostedJun 08, 2011 4:25 pm
This is a particular point I was confused about as well... I'm gonna try some experimenting in order to find a definitive answer, although that theory does seem valid. The problem with it though, is that it implies 0 stat customization and limits character building to only messing around with skills and licenses. This is probably the first MMO game I've seen to possibly have a defined stat growth system. On the plus side, this allows you to play any class efficiently at any time.

The other possibility is of course that stats are affected by the class you level up in, in which case the system would be reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics (you had a bunch of jobs and could switch at any time, but every time you leveled you kept the bonus from that class). This is not entirely bad imo, since it forces you to plan ahead and figure out a way to maximize you`re stats for the class you ultimately want. The negative side is obvious...

whitenuts

Rank 0
PostedJun 08, 2011 5:05 pm
VonLoewe wrote:
This is a particular point I was confused about as well... I'm gonna try some experimenting in order to find a definitive answer, although that theory does seem valid. The problem with it though, is that it implies 0 stat customization and limits character building to only messing around with skills and licenses. This is probably the first MMO game I've seen to possibly have a defined stat growth system. On the plus side, this allows you to play any class efficiently at any time.

The other possibility is of course that stats are affected by the class you level up in, in which case the system would be reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics (you had a bunch of jobs and could switch at any time, but every time you leveled you kept the bonus from that class). This is not entirely bad imo, since it forces you to plan ahead and figure out a way to maximize you`re stats for the class you ultimately want. The negative side is obvious...  

Most games produced by this developer, like Grand Fantasia and Kitsu Saga, use fixed growths per class. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe distributing stats manually is pretty rare in MMORPGs nowadays, at least in this Anime-Fantasy genre.

VonLoewe

Rank 1
PostedJun 08, 2011 6:01 pm
You may be right. I said all the games I played up til now used manual stat distribution, but then again, I haven't really played that many...

Anyway, did some experimentation.
Started a new character. Magician class, trait Maverick. Killed mobs til level 5.

Results, (equipless, of course)
Stats as a Magician:
Str 15
Agi 16+1
Int 19
Wis 15
Lck 17

Stats as a Warrior:
Str 19
Agi 17+2
Int 15
Wis 15
Lck 16

Stats as a Cleric:
Str 15
Agi 15+2
Int 17
Wis 19
Lck 16

Deleted the character. Started a new one, warrior class, same trait. Once again killed mobs til level 5.

Results,
Stats as a Magician:
same

Stats as a Warrior:
same

Stats as a Cleric:
what do you know? Its also the same! Razz

Therefore I'm inclined to believe whitenuts theory that you can level at whatever class and your stat growth will be the same.

ShiningMeow

Rank 0
PostedJun 08, 2011 6:39 pm
The % increased to your base stats differs between the classes of different races: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1159067