hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedMar 24, 2008 6:38 pm   Last edited by hypnos34 on Jul 08, 2008 5:17 pm. Edited 6 times in total

Mr. Apulune's Guide to Making $$$

Part A. lapis buying & selling guide
Mr. Apulune’s Guide to Making Money $$$

So you want to make money? You want good gear? You want level 5 lapis socketted in everything you own, but its SO EXPENSIVE! I have put together a guide to help others make the most of the market. You won’t have to spend hours in dungeons waiting for spawns. You won’t have to do anything but afk in Apulune and set up shop. By reviewing the information below, being active in trade chat, and shopping smart you too can rack up millions in gold.

This will be a three-part guide:
A. Lapis buying & selling guide
B. Weapons / Armor buying & selling guide
C. AP Items buying & selling guide

Part A: Lapis buying and selling guide
1. How do I know if something is a good buy?
2. Will I be able to resell it and make a profit?
3. Can I influence the market?
4. Are there good deals to found in the bootleggers area?
5. How do I know what’s popular or will become popular?

So you just junked your three “cooler loops” on a vendor and collected a cool million gold for your time.

Hmm, what to buy?
What do I need?
How far can I stretch this gold?

You now have a million gold burning a hole in your pocket and don’t know what to do with it.

How do I know if something is a good buy?
There are few teachers that are better than time and experience, but I will pass along a few tips I picked up along the way.

~Level 1 & 2 lapis are worth almost nothing… passing on them for the time being.
~The next patch is to have crafting implemented (we hope), but until then don’t hold onto crafting materials unless you’re waiting for.
~Buying AP Items from another player can be tricky business. Shaiya is always having specials and events, which can burn you easily, so proceed with caution. This will be addressed in Part 3.
~Unless your new to Shaiya and making your way through normal mode, plain weapons and armor (ones without slots) are junk and should be vendor material.

I know I said earlier that level 2 lapis is worthless, but some people will want it to top off a piece of gear. They will put a level 4,3, and 2 lapis of the same type in to maximize a stat, which create a small market for level 2 lapis. The more sought after ones include Str/Rec/Int that will cash in for 100 – 150k a piece. Only certain people who have taken hardcore consideration in template structure will actively seek out such lapis.

*sfossil has brought to my attention that there has been a small but decent market developing for certain types of level 2 lapis such as Str, Rec, and Int. These are being valued at 250k and inching up slightly depending on popularity. If you have a good 20-30 farming toon try making a run on PvP Map2 dungeon and see what it nets you.

Moving on to level 3 and level 4 lapis:

Level 3 lapis is definitely the most popular considering cost and quantity. Level 3 Str/Rec/Int command the highest prices at 200 – 400k. Level 3 Dex floats in the middle for 250k while Luc/Wis bring up the rear for 150 -200k.

Level 4 lapis follows a similar suit as Level 3, but with increased cost. Popularity of level 4 Str/Rec/Int run from 1.3 – 1.8mil. Level 4 Dex sits in the middle at 1.3mil while Luc/Wis round out the bottom for 1mil each.

*Prices on level 4 lapis still hold close to original values. Some people do sell these for 2Mil, but you can find them cheaper with a little time and searching.

Level 5 Lapis:

Level 5 lapis is still a developing market as there isn’t enough floating around for a stable market. I have seen pieces range from 5 – 15mil each. The level 5 lapis market has changed over the past weeks.

Level 5 Str/Rec/Int/Dex used to appraise at 8 -10mil, but not closer to 10 - 12Mil with Wis commanding 9 – 10Mil, which is up a Mil. Level 5 Luc, which I almost never see, yields a much higher market value as Luc builds begin to shine with higher levels and demand increasing greatly. Luc 5 runs to the tune of 12 Mil and sells frequently. The increase in these prices has come from the progressive leveling and increased demand.

* The market has started its adjustment process and through supply and demand has sprouted some regular prices. Level 5 Rec / Str / Int have prices around 16 - 18Mil. Level 5 Luc / Dex sit in the middle at 12 - 16Mil and Wis still brings in the rear at 9 - 10Mil. These prices are a result of inflation and operator hammers actually making it more feasible to slap one of these in a piece of gear.

Additional Lapis:

Deceive & Forbid:

While both are decent lapis in their own right, they aren’t as desirable as other lapis and as a result won’t fetch those prices. Level 3 might get you 150k and level 4 600 – 800k (might be too generous). Level 5 Forbid/Deceive might command 2 – 4Mil, but only to the right buyer. Specialized templates could seek these out, but it’s a tough market for this pair.

* Only change of note is level 5 Forbid sells for 6 - 8 Mil as it has found some new uses in recent templates.

Mental & Vigor:

Vigor and Mental lapis sit close as per need and use. You probably don’t have much need for them and would rather use a stat lapis instead. On the plus side they do give a significant amount of max SP/MP. The goal is to stack them and get more bang for your buck. Vigor and Mental lapis have the ability to be placed in rings, armlets, and helms. If you are lucky enough to have a Best ring/armlet with two slots then by all means “Get’r done”.

If you Stack a Level 4 & 3 Mental/Vigor lapis (280 + 200) = 480 MP/SP per Ring/Armlet
X2 Best Rings = 960 MP/SP
+ 1 Best Armlet = 480 MP/SP
Total = 1440 MP/SP

Due to these rings and armlets being uncommon market prices on Vigor and Mental lapis aren’t too bad. Level 3 Mental/Vigor will sell for 150k while level 4 will next 500k for Vigor and 700k for Mental. Level 5 Mental/Vigor should run 3 -4 Mil if you can find them.

* level 4 Vigor and Mental can be found below 500k without too much searching. Their level 5 versions still sit as originally projected.

*It was brought to my attention that mana is life for some classes i.e. priests. They have a spell (Health Assist) that allows the caster to use mana as HP. We can all see the value in that, which will place more importance on Mental lapis than I had speculated. ~thnx Damphire

Life Lapis:

Who doesn’t want more health? Either for leveling or PvP Life lapis is desirable. It reaches new heights when considering PvP environments. More HP on the battlefield is more survivability when you’re running for your life. Because of PvP and “Twinks” the price on Life lapis reaches considerable prices. In 1 - 15 PvP with a set of noble gear (4 pieces) and level 4 (240hp) Life lapis you can gain and extra 960hp. This doubles the health of many and even triples some casters. Level 4 Life lapis will run 1 – 1.3mil because of its applicability in 1 – 15. You can find level 3 (180hp) Life lapis more easily with a cheaper price tag of 200 – 250k. While I have rarely seen level 5 (360hp) Life lapis, I suspect it will sell for 10mil or more for those who want to have a leg up on the competition. Life lapis is still effective in 20-30 PvP, but not to the extent of 1 – 15 PvP.

*I don't often see level 5 Life lapis, but when its at the market it sells in the neighborhood of 8Mil which is better than my original speculations.

Assault Lapis:

I think this lapis is very misunderstood in what it really does. If you’re a melee class you can see the obvious effects of damage increase, but it affects casters just the same. The Attack Power of a casters weapon influences the dmg of their spells. Most casters don’t value the attack power of a weapon and more about the stats it gives. If you take a level 11 caster dagger and compare it to the level 11 staff you will notice that the staff has higher attack power. Your magic attack power will change based upon the weapon attack power. With that being said, Assault lapis directly affects your weapons attack power. Assault level 3 adds 8pts, level 4 adds 16pts, and level 5 adds 24pts. The trick here is that Assault level 4 can almost double the attack power of a level 11 -13 weapon. The added attack power is a real plus in PvP and leveling alike. Assault 3 lapis runs 200 – 300k while level 4 jumps to 1.2 – 1.5 mil.

Assault level 5, a luxury item, used to cost in the neighborhood of 8 – 10mil is now commanding 15 Mil and sells like hotcakes. It truly is the *hottest lapis* out there atm.

*Assault lapis while still good has been pushed down some by the new Duals, which allow you to add 9Pts of Luc or Rec and add +11 to atk power. This has a nice appeal and will reflect on normal Assault lapis. I would expect to see a minor drop in price on the level 3 / 4 Assault Lapis, but the level 5 Assault will hold its ground.

Wit Lapis:
These are Lapis that are only socketed in helmets. Since there are only a handful or two of level 30 Dread Helms in the game the market for Wit lapis is reflectively small. Level 1,2, and 3 you would have problems giving away. Level 4 sits on most shops for 400 -500k and Level 5 pops up once in a while for 3 - 6 Mil.

*Rumors are rampant that in the next episode these dread helms will become more common. I don't know if this means they will be available from a vendor or just a rare drop from a boss spawn. Time will tell, but we might see an increase in Wit lapis in the near future.

It’s my hope that the above can serve as a benchmark in determining the value of lapis. Please understand that markets grow and change constantly. What’s hot now might not be tomorrow. For instance, I recall [GS]Galahard being the first or one of the first to have the Silverhorn HM Rare mount. At that time, you could sell a HM rare mount for up to 250mil, but today you see them being sold for 90 – 100mil. People will continue to get HM rare mounts in Uber Mystery Boxes and keeping chipping at that gold value. The more there are… the less valuable they become.

Lets continue…

Will I be able to resell and make a profit?

I hate to answer a question with another, but there are many factors one has to take into account when answering that question. Some to keep in mind:

1. What’s the popularity of the item?
2. Will there be in game events that might affect the value of set item?
3. If it’s an expensive item, will it take time to sell?
4. Will I be able to get this item again?
5. How much am I hoping to make by selling set item?
6. Is the item of value to a PvPer or leveling player or both?

Remember, there is always another deal around the corner. If your reluctant its okay.

Flooding/Restricting the market:

Yes, it is possible, but can be costly. The best example I can give you involves Deceitful of Fate. Most of us can recall a time when Deceitful sold 7day exp stones for 5.5mil driving market prices way down on all exp stones. In fact, prices were so low those Furies made accounts on the light side to purchase exp stones for their Furies’ toons. Today, the market for 7day exp stones has stabilized at 6.5mil. I remember those prosperous days. Glomps Deceitful (R.I.P. Yahoon)

The Bootleggery Area:

Find it! Use it! Love it! There are some spectacular deals to be had underneath the streets of Apulune. Don’t be afraid to lower yourself down there and purchase items from unsavory characters. Furies will give you some of your best finds making you considerable profits and vice versa.

I scan the markets multiple times throughout the day. It takes time and practice to develop and eye for good deals, but they are there. Closely watching trade chats and quick deals in Apulune can net you some sizeable profits.

Mr. Apulune’s future predictions~

Your biggest Lapis moneymakers will be Life 4 and Assault 4. You can find some selling these for 600 – 800k. You can practically double your money from a good deal by one of these lapis.

We are still months away from a Level 5 lapis market, but if you can buy some for cheap and hold them for later… do it. Once we move into daily level 5 lapis in the market place, linking hammers will be required for best chance of success. Cash in on them.

Future Updates:

B. Armor & Weapons
C. AP Items

*This guide is just some generalities I have found while “wheeling and dealing “ in Apulune that I have found over the past few months. I hope that it can benefit some and shed some light, no pun intended, on how to best make use of the markets for your own use.

If you liked it… thank you, if you hated it… $%@# you! Heh j/k

~Megaslayer of “Collect Your Dead”
Advertisement

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedMar 24, 2008 6:51 pm   Last edited by hypnos34 on Apr 11, 2008 11:41 am. Edited 2 times in total

Mr Apulune's guide Part B

Weapons, Armor, and Mounts
Part B: Weapons and Armor

~BBC code doesn't allow for tables as I created please use my site link for better viewing. Sry~

This begins the second part of Mr. Apulune’s guide. The focus of this piece will be Weapons and Armor. Several people in regards to rare mount prices have emailed me so I will add a mount information section at the end of Part B. I hope this helps all those in search of trying to understand the market and why certain items cost what they do.

Armor Information
Armor Preface Slots Available Stat Points Levels Assoc. Commonality
Noble 1 +1 1-20 Quest / Common
Worship 2 +2 21-30 Uncommon / Rare
Heroic 3 +3 21-45 Common / Rare
Dread 4 +5 35-50+ Uncommon / Rare
Legend (HM) 5 +6 46+ Rare / Very Rare
Goddess (UM) 6 +? 50+ Very Rare

The above chart is an Armor reference guide, which I hope will give you a feel for the range of possibilities given a piece of armor. I believe it to be fairly accurate.

Additional point:
1. For levels 1-15 you can attain most armor and weapons from questing. Thusly, there isn’t much of a niche for a PvP market to affect these items as compared to 20-30 and high level PvP.
2. For levels 20-30 there is a high demand PvP market. If you’re HM there is a quest chain that rewards pieces of dread armor for levels 29-32. Only two pieces of the four are useable, the gloves (29) and boots (30) which means if you want to have a slottable chest and legs for 20-30 PvP you need to jump down as set of armor.

Class Armor Name Armor Piece Levels Preface
Archer / Ranger Terrier Pants (24) Armor (25) Heroic & Worship
Priest / Mage Tathar
Fighter / Defender Plate

The above armor pieces are rare given the desirability of level 20-30 PvP and will likely increase with time. Worship pieces will go for 6mil while the heroic counterparts sell for double 12mil. The level 22 & 23 heroic gloves and boots sell for 2-3 mil while the level 31-32 dread pants and armor sell for 4 – 5mil.
3. Dread armors can be found on level 30 & 40 armor pieces. These armor pieces will fetch more, as they are rare, but not by a significant amount as the only practical purpose for it would be leveling.

Weapons:

Weapons are 10x more common than armor to obtain, but very tough to find the right stats you might be looking for. Just as armor, you always want more slots to put lapis in. With weapons you must keep in mind the level 25,34, and 45 epic quest might have a weapon rewards, which in many cases is much better than of comparable levels. For example, the level 25 Fatal Sheer from the epic quest is far better than its level 25 counterparts, Heroic Unicorn Blade. It’s also the same for the Archer level 25 epic and the Heroic Siege Bow.
The market for weapons is created by template variance and PvP structure within Shaiya.

Weapon Information
Weapon Preface Slots Levels Assoc. Commonality
Noble 1 1-19 Quest / Common
Worship 2 20-30 Common
Heroic 3 21-45+ Common / Uncommon
Dread 4 35-49 Common - Rare
Legend 5 46-50+ Rare / Very Rare
Goddess 6 50+ Very Rare

The above is a rough outline shows weapon level with rarity given as best I could put together.

What to look for on armor and weapons:

Weapons come in a wide range of stats whereas Armor is static in the stats given by each piece. The variations come from the lapis you socket in it. Lets take a look at what stats are desirable for each class.

Class Primary Secondary
Fighter STR / REC LUC / DEX
Defender REC WIS
Ranger DEX / LUC STR
Archer DEX / LUC STR
Mage INT / WIS REC
Priest WIS INT / REC

* I fully encourage templates that think outside of the box. The above is generalized, but lets examine it further:

1. For NM (5pts) I’d advise sticking to the primary stats while working to HM (7pt) that allows for more variation in template creation.
2. Luc: Many feel that it is important in NM builds, but they are wrong. Luc requires a significant amount to be effective. Pass on it if you’re in NM.
3. Most information indicates that a certain amount of Dex (60) PvM and (80-100) PvP would be desirable. In addition, for PvP Wis (60+) will help reduce caster dmg. These stat might be something to keep in mind when thinking about the future of your character.
4. 1 Attack power = 1 STR, 5 DEX, 3 LUC

How to apply it to a market:
Examples always work the best so we’ll take a look at a few.

1. Casters, whether know to them or not, should be using dagger over staff for casting purposes. This was discussed at length in Part A. This leaves the following standard options:

Dagger Preferred / Normal
Ganesha (level 23) Heroic / Worship
Arbaras (level 29) Heroic / Worship
Queen Magpie (level 35) Dread / Heroic
Red Blood (level 46) Legend / Dread

Daggers are useable by Rangers and all magic using classes. The problem is that 80% of daggers have traditional STR , DEX, and LUC, which aren’t caster friendly stats. The other 20% of the time caster friendly stats like INT, WIS, and REC are found on the dagger. Given what we already know about daggers, i.e. 20-30 PvP & Karis, the demand for such daggers as the heroic ganesha and legend red blood create a pricy market. The rarity and applicability of these daggers for both PvP and PvM still isn’t widely seen yet, but is coming around the corner.
2. Bows typically come with STR, DEX, REC, and LUC. Most I have seen come with an even spread of stats. Rarely you will find one with all the stat points dumped into just one stat. The most desirable setup would be 20+ LUC or DEX on the bow with empty slots available. That type of bow would command a hefty price given the popularity of archers.
3. For 20-30 PvP the Archer & Ranger epic is tough to be surpassed by any similar weapon. In order to come close to the DMG and stats of the epic you would need to socket level 4 & 5 lapis in a heroic. It’s just not cost effective or practical to do presently. Be happy with your epic!
4. Fighter’s level 25 epic is a 2H sword isn’t so effective in 20-30 PvP. Duals have many more advantages when it comes to PvP. In the 20-30 environment there are two possibilities 24 Heroic Crusaders & 30 Heroic / Worship Twin Abyss. Worship versions with STR as a primary stat will sell for 2 – 3mil. Heroic Crusaders with STR primary sell for similar prices, but the fabled Heroic Twin Abyss with STR primary sells for 10 – 12mil if you can find it.
5. Due to the very slow leveling 40+ certain weapons will be used for long periods of time while waiting for the next upgrade. Legend weapons are useable starting at level 46 ranging in various prices from 5 – 20mil. Legend Drizzt, level 48 fighter duals, sell at 20+ mil with STR primary stat. Legend Red Blood, level 46 caster dagger, with INT, WIS, and REC will sell at a pricy 30mil. Rarity and applicability factor heavily in higher end items.
6. From levels 31 – 45 most weapons purpose will be limited to leveling. With that being said, there will be some demand for them, but not as much as dual purpose / PvP items. Keep that in mind when thinking about what gear or items you need next for your character.

Mounts:

As mentioned earlier I have received many questions concerning mounts outside of the vendor models and want to throw in some information regarding rare mounts in the marketplace.

Common knowledge:

The merchant in Apulune sells NM mounts for 11mil and HM ones for 75mil. That’s pricy for many still, but as time progresses more people will get them. Imo mounts are nothing more than status symbols that might save you a little travel time and with Shaiya’s /town function I’m not sure how important it really is to have a mount.

Normal Mode Rare mounts:

Level 40 NM Rare Mount: Dark Horse (Human) & Red Leopard (Elf)
These mounts are very popular of late making them more expensive and quite tough to find in Apulune. Currently the sell in the range of 40 – 50mil if you can find one and I suspect that prices will continue to rise. These mounts are attainable by in game raffle events. I am unsure if they are attainable through mystery boxes or not.

Hard Mode Rare mounts:

Level 50 HM Rare Mount: Silverhorn (Human) & Red Lion (Elf)
These mounts are found in Uber mystery boxes. They are not what I call rare, but not quite uncommon either. As people buy more Uber mystery boxes are sold theses mounts will become more common. Currently they sell for 85 – 110mil in Apulune. For those who don’t know when you purchase an uber mystery box that has the chance to get a HM rare mount it seems you receive a Blue Dragon mount. This is a Fury HM Rare mount. I believe the Uber mystery boxes are bugged and that’s what you get if you find a mount. If your light side you can have it corrected by submitting a ticket and you should receive the correct mount for your race.

Attaining level 40 is much easier then 50 and if you’re HM then it’s twice as long. For that reason I can see the demand for level 40 NM Rare mounts increase as you can ride them sooner than the level 50 mounts. Market prices of mounts are affected by level & mode, attainability, and demand. Some people want to stand out in a crowd.

If you’re wanting a mount for functionality purchase a level 40 mount from the Apulune Merchant. If your shopping for a status symbol to identify yourself then save your $$$.

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedMar 24, 2008 6:51 pm   Last edited by hypnos34 on May 01, 2008 10:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Mr Apulune's guide Part C

AP Item Mall overview
Mr. Apulune’s Guide Part C: AP Item Mall

In Shaiya, like other Aeria games there is an Item mall, which enables one to purchase in game currency for real cash. This will give a brief overlay of AP and some common offers to spend AP points on.

What’s the first step?
Aeria games store lets one purchase AP points with multiple methods including, paypal, credit cards, google checkout, and paybycash. In addition you can go to Wal-Mart or Rite Aid and purchase charged game cards.

What are reward points?
Reward points are an incentive from Aeria games is kept in a running balance and is redeemable after 90 days from the original purchase date. First time buyers receive and additional one time 35% reward point’s bonus.

Putting it all together:

A purchase of $30 through the recommended Google Checkout or PayByCash for 1st time buyers will go as follows.

$30 = 3450AP (Google Checkout) + 1208AP 1st time reward points bonus + 345AP standard 10% reward points. So you will initially receive 3450AP and 90 days later redeem 1553AP reward points.

The same $30 through PayByCash.com for 1st time buyers looks like this.

$30 = 3900AP (PayByCash) + 1365AP 1st time rewards points bonus + 390AP standard 10% reward points. You will receive 3900AP and 90 days later redeem 1755AP reward points.

You can see PayByCash has a better rate of return currently.

Some times Aeria Games will run a special event giving additional bonuses for AP purchases so keep your eyes peeled.

What to do once you have AP:

Everyones needs are going to be different. I can’t presume to know what you will need to buy, but some food for thought…

1) Is leveling or PvP your primary focus to spend AP on?
2) What type of Nos’s will benefit you the most if that’s what your looking for?

Different types of in game offers:
Buy 3 get 3 free
Buy 2 get 2 free
Buy 2 small experience stones and receive 1 Blue Dragon Charm
Etc.

Raffles:
Events held by the GM’s where an AP item, typically an Uber Mystery Box, gives a chance to win a raffle and the more you purchase the more chances you have to win.

Ultra-Rare Mounts
Lapis Upgrades
Dread Helmets

Winners are selected at random plus the top two spenders. Rumor has it top spenders drop over 20k AP and to have a decent chance 10k AP is a good benchmark. This isn’t to say people don’t get lucky, but you do the math.

In closing:

There is always another deal
coming along so don’t worry if your skeptical. Time is your friend.

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedApr 11, 2008 9:42 pm   Last edited by hypnos34 on Jul 09, 2008 1:34 pm. Edited 5 times in total
Changing Trends:

Markets grow and change with time. We have recently seen a trend change and I will comment on some of them. I will keep updating this section as Shaiya progresses.

1. Level 4 Lapis

Str, Int, Rec are seeing common ceilings of 2 Mil. Level 4 Life and Assault are 1.2 - 1.5 Mil and you likely won't find them for under 1 Mil. This is due to more people socketting them in 1-15 and higher level PvP.

2. Level 24/25 Heroic Armor & Pants

Worship & Heroic Terrier, Tathar, and Plate armor and pants have seen terribly inflated growth. Worship version are seeing 8-12 Mil for Terrier / Plate with Tathar trailing only a little behind at 7-9 Mil. Heroic Terrier / Plate is has been seen for 20+ Mil and people are paying that much for it. Heroic Tathar trails with 14-16 Mil, but still considerably more than stated in my original guides.

*Talk about out of control. It seems many of the heavy hitters have moved to 20-30 PvP and the prices on heroic gear certainly reflect it. Heroic Plate and Terrier are well over 20Mil for the upper and lower armor. Some even topping out at 35Mil for having good lapis. Tathar isn't seeing the same love as the other two, but still finds 18 - 20 mil for the upper and lower armors.

3. NM & HM Rare Mounts

NM Rare mounts have risen in price while HM counterparts have dropped significantly. NM Rare mounts run 70+ Mil for the Black Horse and Red Leopard. These NM rare mounts are less common and have become more of a status symbol than the HM Rare ones. As mentioned, the increased influx of HM Rare mounts has dropped prices from 100+ Mil to current prices as low as 65 Mil for the Rare Lion. Silverhorn still commands an 80 - 95 Mil price tag, but you can expect the prices on HM Rare mounts to continue a slow decline.

*NM Rare mounts have been consistently fetching 100 -110 mil. HM rare mounts have become much more uncommon, but this is probably due to limited use of uber mystery boxes for AP events lately. These mounts are seen once in a while, but still are struggling to sell at 100 mil.

4. Elemental Lapis

Once controlled by the few, Ventsol had a spectacular event offer putting elemental lapis in the hands of anyone with AP. This was a godsend as it brought prices of these lapis to affordable figures. Before the event elemental lapis sold for 180+ Mil if you could find it. since the attribute event prices range from 75 - 100+ Mil depending on the specifics. Prices will rise as the attribute lapis from the event gets used and drys up. Prices will work themselves back up, but not to previous levels.
~~~Ventsol... u de man!~~~

*When can we get some more AP events for ele lapis. Currently, if I see any elemental lapis in the market place it has a 200 - 300 mil price tag. Too High!

Capes:

I have been asked by a few people about capes. Some seem displeased that people with capes are trying to still get a lot for them when there are plenty of them out there. I'm going to try and shed a bit of light on capes and do a bit of price regulation.

Normal Mode Capes:
These range in levels of (16)*, 31, 44, and 52. The level 31 add +10, the level 44 adds +14, and the 52 adds + 17. These come and a variety of colors based on class and are noted by length, which is just above the back of your knees. As they have released HM capes, which will be discussed next, prices of NM capes have gone down and will continue to do so. Level 31 capes should sell for 20 - 25 Mil, level 44 capes should sell for 25 -30 Mil, and level 52 capes should run 30 -35 Mil. Some think they should be going for more, but now that we have had two HM capes weekends many have purchased HM capes.

*NM capes have become a little more popular in recently. i'm sure this is in part to regulation of cape events. Level 31 capes are selling at 35 mil, level 44 at 40 mil, and 52 are going for close to 50 mil. Level 16 capes... if you have one you probably had to sell a right nut to get it, but they are rarely seen and shouldn't go for less than 100 mil. Those capes won't be recreated as there is a graphics glitch concerning them. This makes them the only cape you can presently wear in 20-30 PvP.

Hard Mode Capes:
These capes to my knowledge only come at level 33 atm. These capes give some delightful stats at +11 to both of a classes main stats. for instance the mage / priest cape, a pea soup yellow color, adds +11 Int & +11 Wis. They are distinguished by their long cape length, which extends down to the ankles. These capes sell for ~60 - 70 Mil in Apulune. They are often advertised over trade chat.

Many people now have HM toons of a level high enough to wear a HM cape. Adding +22 from a level 33 HM cape far exceeds a NM cape stat bonus. At best the Level 52 NM cape adds +17 and thats an almost 20 level difference. The more HM capes events held will continue to drop prices of capes in general and weigh heavier on NM capes.

[color=orange]*A level 41 HM cape has been introduced recently. It has similar stats as its 31 counterpart, but adds two more to each stat for +13 / +13. Four extra stat points for 10 levels... eh, you see where i'm going. I'll gladly stick with my 31 HM cape. The new level 41 HM capes seem to sell for 90Mil and the 31 HM capes still go for 60 - 70 mil.

*The Level 16 NM cape... with its circular smiling demon face upon a bright red pointed cape that gives no stats. Originally offered as a mistake in a cape event where the limit wasn't set before capes could be purchased. They were sold one additional time at another cape event and then removed from all subsequent events. Later the reason would be known... a graphics glitch concerning the capes. The capes were already limited in number and with the news it would appear we won't see these capes any longer. Being extremely rare these capes will run 100+ Mil. They are more of a status symbol than anything, but they are unmistakable where all other capes kinda blend together. If you have one you lucked out or you were charged a lot for it knowing its value.[/color]

Side Note:

There were some early mix up with capes where they were all red like the NM fighter Str cape, but with every class. So mages and priests received capes that added + to Str. There are some of these floating around, but what good is Str to most priests?

05/24/08 Update:

Recently GM's have put out Sonic level 1 & 2 Lapis and Perfect level 3 lapis. Many questions have been asked and I want to shed a little insight and clarity on these Lapis.

Sonic Lapis:

Level 1 sonic lapis was recently offered at the cost of two jumbo mystery boxes (249AP). This lapis will increase your movement speed by one level, BUT at a hefty cost. These sonic level 1 lapis follow their predecessors requiring a lucky charm and have a terrible small chance of being linked to your boots. Sonic Lapis is netting 20 - 30 Mil in Apulune with Lucky Charms going for 8 - 10 Mil each. In order to have... lol what am I saying, your not going to get one of these to link. You will need 25+ sonic lapis level 1, 25+ Lucky Charms, and 25 + 2x linking hammers. If you mysteriously linked one of these and didn't have to be "Top Spender" in a lapis upgrade raffle, please PM me the secret.

Level 2 sonic lapis follows similar rules, but I can confirm it has a 1% chance of going in and cost 1 Mil for the attempt. You must have a surplus... I mean hold stock in Lucky Charms and 2x linking hammers and spend your next two paychecks to accumulate enough. With a 2x linking hammer you now have a 2% chance of linking and better keep your Lucky Charm ready. This weekend you may purchase a level 2 sonic lapis for 2 Uber mystery boxes (599AP). Level 2 sonic lapis has been all over the board price wise. I have seen it for 8 Mil, 12 Mil, and 200+ Mil. This lapis only holds real value to those who are dumping 20k plus AP on a lapis upgrade event. This is truly a lapis for the $Rich$!

*We are now beginning to see more sonic lapis boots with the recent tiered lapis upgrade event. In addition, operator hammers and lucky charms give you an expensive option to get sonics on, but not many are affording that. This still remains an item of the elite. There will be more of these in time, but at a small increase. I can't see a market on these, at least not yet.

Perfect Lapis:

Level 3 Perfect Lapis and it truly is that with its 50% linking chance and it won't break your weapon whether we have full bless or none. It adds +7 to all stats for a total of +42 total. It can only go on weapons, but lets talk a bit about who benefits most from this "perfect" lapis. I could make a strong argument that anyone would do well by this lapis, but more specifically toons whose focus is melee ATK PWR. Rangers, fighters, and Archers gain bonuses from STR, Dex, and Luc.

1 Str = 1.3 Atk Pwr
5 Dex = 1 Atk Pwr
3 Luc = 1 Atk Pwr

Perfect level 3 lapis = ~13 Atk Pwr (almost a level 4 Assault Lapis)

That's before examining any of the other defensive bonuses you might receive from the stat enhancement. This lapis can be obtained for three Uber mystery boxes (599AP), which is a little pricey. These "perfect" lapis sell for 20 - 30 mil if they can be found in Apulune and I suspect they might see an increase in price slightly. Its a nice lapis if you can afford to have it. Its certainly much more warranted than Sonic Lapis... crapis! lol

*Has anyone seen any of these lately. I think their value is diminished a bit since the introduction of dual lapis. I can't recall seeing Perfect lapis with any degree of frequency over the past two months.

*More to come as information continues to come in. If you notice something that should be corrected or added in the guide please post below or send me a PM. This is a work in progress and input will make it successful at the market grows and changes.

Thnx
Mr.Apulune

P.S.
I did change my name by the way so if you see me in game... yeah thats me. Please give karma if you feel its warranted.

Jash1n

Rank 0
Jash1n
PostedApr 11, 2008 11:48 pm

Marvellous Guide ^^

Reallie THANX to hypnos34 for putting this up!!! ^^ It is a great guide!! Very Happy

*~reallie helpful... cuz I dun even reallie noe much about markets and all at first Confused

*adds karma* Wink

glyakk

Rank 0
PostedApr 18, 2008 2:06 am
Wow i am surprised that nobody has really commented this guide yet. This is an awesome guide, not just for making money but for alot of important topics that are frequently discussed. You really spent alot of time on this and for that i want to say thank you. I have bookmarked this guide and will be referencing it often.

Thaseo - NM Fighter Tharm - HM Priest Asylum is home

r12xs

Rank 3
r12xs
PostedApr 18, 2008 2:30 am
reminds me of the time i used to spend in LC buying and selling all day long lol.

Fantastic guide hypno, and if you dont mind, imma link this topic to the asylum guild forum cuz theres been a few questions about how to make money, and my answers werent anywhere near as details.

kudos to ya.

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedApr 18, 2008 5:43 am
Aye please do share it. It is my hope that others will be able to use it as a reference guide for dealing in Apulune and to further stabilize our somewhat inflated economy.

I will have part three come out next week. It will talk about AP Points and how to best use them.

Thank you for the support and if there is anything you think should be addressed that I missed, please let me know.

sfossil

Rank 4
sfossil
PostedApr 27, 2008 3:51 pm
This guide helped me really a lot and since it's not pinned on top it's worth to come up again. I really would enjoy the third part.

Anyway, since I've done a lot of trading too, my honest advice would be to trade only stuff you're familiar with.
Otherwise you make mistakes like:
    * buying a lvl4 lapis (for helmets only) for less than 400k and thinking its a bargain
    * buying a heroic cross bow for resell (while archers seems to prefer the faster bows)
    * buying a heroic piece of armor for a level which offers heroic quest armor

These are all just shelf warmers. Now I focus on deals of my class were I know the market.

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedMay 01, 2008 10:44 pm
Part C: AP Item mall basics added~